Thursday, May 15, 2008

Are you okay?

This seems to be something I've been asked lately, and quite frequently, and it's becoming a chore to answer properly.

To set the record straight, I have no idea. I haven't been able to safely and happily answer that question in over a year now. My mind was always a challenge to sort out even from me, it's decided to take down a few of its warning signs in the last year. People say I've become quiet at times, I didn't realize I talked all that much, mostly when I become quiet I'm thinking or just noticing there's a huge hole of space off to the side that deserves admiring. Most likely I'm quiet because I've had a shift in my mind that's caused me to consider where the hell it came from and what do I do with it now that it's here. More than a few have suggested I get counciling for this and I'm starting to wonder if it's the best course after all. There have been enough ups and downs in my life lately my mind has gone places it hasn't before, or if it has I've pushed it away from. I've been a very "nice" person for years to people it's gained me friends, it's not how I really am though. There's a side of me I keep away from people just for the fact I know it's not an "Acceptable" type. Lately people are telling me I should go with that a bit more, wich is leading me to a new motto in life, "Get over it or Go away" that seems to be working in a few instances I'm letting it out to try.

So if I get quiet, seem a bit distant, and in general just start to worry you with how I act, don't ask if I'm okay, trust I'll get myself close enough soon again or I'll find a way to do it.

No comments: