Friday, May 9, 2008

"Cool People"

Here’s a new rant that is bound to piss someone off, but oh well.

Thugs, playas, ballas, gangstas, and people that speak “Street” or Text all people who really need another hole in the head.

Thugs and gangstas are supposed to be people feared on the street for being strong, killers, and the place to go for drugs or whatever the hell it is that is supposed to make them cool. Your supposed to fear and or respect these people for their Skills or peeps, but I can’t help but laugh and feel sorry. First off most of these so called “Thugs” don’t even know where the word comes from and that they are practicing it wrong. It’s a term from India, yes they were murders and thieves but they cunning and tricky, not brain dead and wanting everyone afraid of them, it’s counter productive. Now it’s about being tough, and having a reputation, knock over a liquor store and push some drugs and your name is set. Yeah right excuse me if I don’t see that as a great thing. If you want to make someone fear you on the street EARN IT. Don’t think because you carry a gun your special, don’t think because you can spray an automatic gun out the car window and MAYBE hit one person in specific while taking out 5 bystanders and a collection of windows I’m going to think your anything special. The rapper 50cent (thought he doesn’t have 2 in his head) brags about being shot 9 times and living, I wouldn’t brag about that. It means you pissed someone off that doesn’t know how to use a gun, if anything it means I know where to go to cause trouble because I can shoot and hit my target, I’d have plenty of time to aim before they hit me. If you want people to fear you show them that they are not safe wherever they are, learn to shoot so you can take the person out from a distance, no one sees you or knows you shot until after their friend is dead. Toss the cheap automatic weapons, it’s nice to be able to fire quickly, it’s better to be able to fire accurately.

Ballas, basketball players that have played in the sun too long to be able to say the word basketball, so they shorten it to B-ball. Somewhere along the line being able to throw a ball through a hoop became a symbol of greatness. When you can play consistency of Michel Jordan let me know and I’ll consider you a great player. In the mean time you’re an arrogant pain in the ass that has nothing better to do but play with your balls and the balls of several other guys who like to rub against each other while women watch.

Playas, men who can’t find a woman that suits them so they feel they need to find several that have some of what they want. So have a harem of sluts or “shorties” what the hell does that mean anyway? What’s the appeal of having a book of women you can get at the drop of a hat, isn’t it better to have a few nice trophies instead of a collection of cracker jack prizes.
Then we come to the people that talk “Street” or “Text”, I’m sorry people I worked my ass off to get my diploma, I’m happy I have it, I’m not tossing my ability to think and spell out to save time. Phrases like “Wuzup”, to me sounds like you smoke or drank too much and need to sleep instead of trying to talk cool. Then there’s text. “Hw R U 2day”… Hmm I’m able to read think and learned to use the keyboard well so I could type without having to abbreviate everything. I learned to spell words like that back in grade school, if you can’t spell past that level sell the computer and buy your way back to school.

People complain about the Spanish speaking Americans in the US today, at least I can understand them, not this text and street crap. They were born speaking another language, what’s the excuse of the people raised speaking English, switching to Street or Text and still bitching about people not speaking English?

1 comment:

Rowan Dawn said...

Never heard the term balla before. Thanks for the intoduction. I love your saucy attitude! You do it well- you dont sound snotty to me at all. I nice form of sarcasm one would expect from a capricorn.